Court Ordered Drug Testing
Court cases are increasingly requiring drug testing. At US Drug Test Centers we are receiving calls daily for court ordered drug testing. These cases frequently involve divorce, child custody and other family court issues. Drug or alcohol testing is often with urine or hair. Often attorneys are advising client to have drug and alcohol testing even before the court case.
Attorneys across the United States are working with US Drug Test Centers for court ordered drug and or alcohol tests for their clients. These drug tests are often ordered for the following reasons:
- Divorce Cases
- Child Custody Cases
- Child Support Cases
- DUI or DWI arrests
- Criminal Cases
- Child Protection Services
Child Custody Drug Testing
Many attorneys work with US Drug Test Centers to order probation & court ordered drug and or alcohol tests for their clients. If you are currently involved or are going to be involved in a child custody battle and are required to take a drug test, US Drug Test Centers is qualified to provide court ordered testing for cases like this. If you want to get a voluntary personal drug test to have as part of your records for a child custody case, we can provide you with that. Simply give our office a call or order your test online and you can go to one of our 20,000 collection sites to have your drug test performed.
Often the mother accused the father of drug use and drug and alcohol testing is required. They father often accuses the mother of drug use. Child protective agencies almost always require drug and alcohol testing of the mother and the father when the welfare of the child is at stake and there is any suspicion of drug or alcohol abuse.
If you were involved in a DUI case, you may be required to take an alcohol or drug test for court, for probation or for other legal reasons. US Drug Test Centers can provide you with different types of alcohol testing at one of our 20,000 collection sites.
We can test for alcohol through:
US Drug Test Centers can not only test for alcohol but also for Ethyl Glucuronide or ethanol (EtG). When you are ordering your test, please specify which type of alcohol test you would like.
Probation drug testing programs vary across the United States. Programs often depend on your compliancy and trust with probation officer will determine how often he'll drug test you. Your probation officer will provide you guidance on what test you should order, or in most cases require what drug tests you need. When using US Drug Test Centers for your probation or court ordered drug testing, you can be confident that we will send results to your probation officer or court officer. We can also send you a copy of your results.
What Tests Should You Order?
Your attorney can often help you determine what test you need to order. Often the Courts will specify what drug or alcohol test you need. Always get the specifications in writing so you know exactly what drug or alcohol test you need. There are hundreds of drug and alcohol tests available so it is very important that you know what test you need.
The most common court ordered drug tests and or alcohol tests are:
- A standard 5 panel drug urine test typically looks for cocaine, marijuana, PCP, amphetamines and opiates.
- A standard 10 panel drug urine test typically looks for cocaine, marijuana, PCP, amphetamines, opiates, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, methadone, propoxyphene, & Quaaludes.
- A urine test for alcohol can be added to either the standard 5 panel drug test or the standard 10 panel drug test.
Many individuals today are abusing pain medication drugs including:
- Hydrocodone, often combined with acetaminophen, as in Vicodin or Lortab
- Oxycodone, most commonly prescribed as OxyContin but also seen in Endocet, Percocet Percodan and Roxicet
- Hydromorphone, sold as Dilaudid
These drugs above can be tested for by adding expanded opiates to you drug test panel.
Tramadol sold as ryzolt, ultram, conzip, meperidine, sold as demerol and fentanyl sold as duragesic, subsys, abstral are very powerful pain medication drugs. Testing for these drugs must be specifically requested by the drug name tramadol, meperidine and fentanyl.
Court Ordered Hair Testing
Court ordered drug testing and requests from lawyers often require hair follicle drug testing. You need hair on your head or on your arms or legs to be eligible for hair follicle drug testing. Some of our facilities will require head hair so please let our drug testing specialists know whether or not you have at least 1.5 inches of hair on your head.
US Drug Test Centers has the most comprehensive menu of hair follicle testing:
HAIR TEST 5 PANEL - Amphetamines (Methamphetamine, Ecstasy, MDMA and MDA), Cocaine, Opiates (Codeine, Morphine, and Heroin), PCP & Marijuana.
HAIR TEST 5 PANEL PLUS EXP OPIATES & OXY - Amphetamines, Cocaine, PCP, Marijuana and Opiates (Codeine, Morphine, Heroin, Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone).
HAIR TEST 9 PANEL - Cocaine, Marijuana, Phencyclidine (PCP), Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Oxycodone & Opiates (including codeine, morphine, heroin, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone).
HAIR TEST 12 PANEL - Cocaine, Marijuana, Phencyclidine (PCP), Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Tramadol, Meperidine, Oxycodone, & Opiates (including codeine, morphine, heroin, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone).
Alcohol Testing is Very Common with Court Ordered Testing
US Drug Test Centers receives many attorney requests or court ordered requirements for alcohol testing for EtG using urine or hair follicle testing. EtG testing is more for alcohol abuse cases to determine if an individual has consumed alcohol in the past.
- Urine EtG alcohol testing - Ethyl Glucuronide (EtG) is a direct metabolite of beverage alcohol (ethanol). Its presence in urine may be used to detect recent alcohol consumption, even after ethanol is no longer measurable. The presence of EtG in urine is a definitive indicator that alcohol was ingested. The urine tests goes back 80 hours. This alcohol testing is ideal for zero tolerance and abstinence situations.
- Hair EtG alcohol testing - The EtG (Ethyl Glucuronide) hair alcohol test checks for the presence of the Ethyl (drinking) alcohol metabolite, Ethyl Glucuronide. The EtG Hair Alcohol Test can detect ingestion of Ethyl Alcohol within the past 7 to 90 days. EtG is a metabolite of Ethyl Alcohol, and can be detected for longer periods of time after ingestion than simply testing for Ethyl Alcohol. This test is not an under the influence test. The hair alcohol test measures average alcohol consumption over a period of approximately three months, indicates the level of alcohol use during that time period, and can provide a behavioral indication of excessive use.
Individuals that request EtG testing may be in a program that requires them to have this test. It is sometimes used by the court system for persons who may have had a DUI in the past. Employers that have a Zero Tolerance alcohol usage policy may be interested in this test, as well as employers that have substance abuse programs in place that require enrollees to be tested.
Alcohol testing is also available with breath alcohol testing using an evidential breath alcohol testing device commonly called a breathalyzer. This testing confirms impairment of alcohol with a breath alcohol level that corresponds to a blood alcohol level. The breath alcohol testing method should be used when impairment is suspected.
Who Can Benefit from drug or alcohol testing from US Drug Test Centers?
- Rehab Facilities & Healthcare Facilities required drug and alcohol testing
- Family Courts required drug and alcohol testing
- Law Enforcement Agencies required drug and alcohol testing
- Schools & Parents required drug and alcohol testing
- Adoptions required drug and alcohol testing
- DUI and DWI Offenders required drug and alcohol testing
- Child Custody cases required drug and alcohol testing
- Child Protection cases required drug and alcohol testing
At US Drug Test Centers we take very seriously your requests for court ordered drug and or alcohol tests. Our drug testing specialists will work with you carefully to provide exactly what you need. US Drug Test Centers are conveniently located in every city in the United States and getting your immediate drug or alcohol test is always quick and easy. Simply call 866-566-0261 to order your drug test today.