Drug Testing Software
Our state-of-the-art drug testing software system gives the employer complete access to their drug testing program and provides for speed and accuracy.
US Drug Test Centers uses the latest in technology for a web-based platform for complete drug testing management. The robust platform offers:
- Electronic ordering of drug testing anywhere in the United States, at our 20,000+ locations
- Integration with all major SAMHSA certified laboratories
- MRO review and verification of drug test results within the platform
- The employer can view MRO pending results
- Electronic receipt of drug test results from laboratories
- View, print, and save all completed results, which are stored permanently in the cloud
- Automated e-mail delivery of results or notification of availability or results in real time.
- Unlimited users for employers
- Complete management of random testing and consortium pools
When utilizing US Drug Test Centers as your vendor for drug testing, there is no charge for the software. It's free to the employer.
Our platform is web-based and easy to use, and there is no hardware or software to install. This robust and secure technology will enhance the employer experience in ordering and receiving drug test results and make it easy to test applicants or employees anywhere in the United States.
US Drug Test Centers will help you to implement a faster, more accurate screening process for your company in real time, from anywhere, at any time, using secure, online resources.
The Benefits of Our Drug Testing Software
Within our system, we have an extensive network of electronically enabled collection sites (over 20,000). The process is simple, fast and accurate. The employer representative orders the test online. The system e-mails the order to the applicant, and the applicant walks into the closest collection site.
The system is integrated with the lab and the collection sites. The Medical Review Officers work directly in the same system for increased efficiency, transparency, speed, and accuracy. Additional benefits include:
- Less time and money spent ordering and managing drug tests
- The ability to order tests anywhere in the country
- Full-time MROs working to provide the fastest turnaround time on results in the industry
- Speed, accuracy, and ease of use
- No paper on Non-DOT - electronic drug testing at collection sites around the United States
- An automated random program management system
- Real-time updates on test results
Here's what happens when the individual arrives at the collection site
MRO Receives Reports & Stores Final Results
The Drug Testing Process
Many employers conduct employee drug testing, but it's still an often misunderstood process. Urine drug testing is the most common kind of drug testing, and it's conducted as an instant test or as a lab-based test. Urine is easy to collect, inexpensive to test, accurate, and provides a detection window deemed adequate by most employers. It has also held up in court systems as reliable and legally defensible.
The most common drug testing panels are:
- 5 panel drug test: Cocaine, marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), amphetamines (including ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), and opiates (including heroin, codeine, and morphine)
- 10 panel drug test: All of the above plus benzodiazepines (such as Xanax), barbiturates, methadone, propoxyphene, and methaqualone (Quaaludes)
- 10 panel with expanded opiates: All of the above plus hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone
- DOT 5 panel: Cocaine, marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), amphetamines (including ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), and opiates (including heroin, codeine, and morphine)
Testing - Instant or Lab
Confirmation Testing if Necessary
MRO Review and Reporting of Results
Medical Review Officer (MRO)
The Medical Review Officer (MRO) reviews all laboratory-based drug test results before reporting the final results the employer. The MRO acts as an independent and impartial “gatekeeper” and advocates for the accuracy and integrity of the drug testing process.
Our MRO is a licensed physician who has the training and qualifications necessary to review drug test results.
The MRO provides a quality assurance review of the drug testing process for the specimens under the MRO's purview. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the review of the Custody and Control Form (CCF) on all specimen collections for the purposes of determining whether there is a problem that may cause a test to be canceled
- Providing feedback to employers, collection sites, and laboratories regarding performance issues when necessary
- Required MRO verification of results by the United States Department of Transportation and many state laws
- Determining whether there is a legitimate medical explanation for confirmed positive, adulterated, substituted, and invalid drug tests results from the laboratory
- Acting to investigate and correct drug test problems when possible and notify appropriate parties when necessary
- Ensuring the timely flow of test results and other information to employers
- Protecting the confidentiality of the drug testing information and the confidentiality of any employee or applicant medical information
The MRO does call the employee or applicant on every non-negative drug test. The MRO will explain the verification interview process to the employee and inform the employee that the MRO's decision will be based on information the employee provides during the interview. The MRO will explain to the employee that the laboratory has determined that the employee’s test result is positive, adulterated, substituted, or invalid. The MRO will tell the employee the drug(s) for which their specimen tested positive or the basis for the finding of adulteration or substitution. If an employee or applicant has a legitimate verified medical explanation for the non-negative drug test result, it will be reversed to negative by the MRO.
If the MRO determines there is no legitimate medical explanation for a confirmed positive test result other than the unauthorized use of a prohibited drug, the MRO will report the positive drug to the employer. The MRO will inform the employee of the procedure in which to request a test of the split specimen (challenge the result) if the employee desires. It's important to note that going back for another test is not an option for the employee or applicant.
Employer Receipt of Results
When an existing employee has a positive drug test result, this is where you have to make a decision that should be based on your previously written drug-free workplace policy. You should follow your policy for the disciplinary action for the positive drug test.
If you do not have a written drug-free workplace policy, call US Drug Test Centers immediately. In order to avoid exposure to liability, you need to have a written policy before taking adverse action against an employee. US Drug Test Centers can assist employers with a custom policy.
Contact US Drug Test Centers For More Information on Drug Testing Software
Our drug testing software is designed to make the process easier for the employer. Our friendly customer service representatives are available to help you navigate the process. Call today for a demonstration and to get started - (XXX) XXX-XXXX.