Iowa Drug Testing
Our testing locations do not accept payment and require a drug test order form at the time of testing. Please click the "Order a Test" button to order your test. Once your order has been processed, your drug test order form will be emailed to you.
Iowa has been called the heart of the Midwest. With infrastructures based in agriculture like soybeans, corn and pork, its home to over 3 million citizens, many of which work on farms and other manufacturing industries.
Approximately 50 percent of Iowa citizens, in treatment centers, are there for alcohol-related issues. With underage and binge drinking exceeding the national average, and sales of alcohol on the rise since 2004, Iowa has been struck by an epidemic.
Iowa is a drug test friendly state. Employers may test for drugs in the workplace to keep up efficiency and avoid unsafe working conditions. If an employer suspects drug use, an employee is returning from a drug rehabilitation program, or an employee is returning from an accident resulting in more that< $1,000 dollars in damages, a drug test will most likely need to be administered.
Finding a Drug Test Center in Iowa
US Drug Test Centers has all of your resources needed for drug testing in Iowa. With 228 locations in Iowa, we are sure to have a location convenient to you. WUS Drug Test Centers has made the effort to reach the smaller and even rural communities in Iowa. We have 6 locations in Des Moines including one in Capitol Park adjacent to the east of Iowa Lutheran Hospital, 13 locations in Cedar Rapids, 3 locations in Cedar Falls, just to name a few.
Individuals in Iowa needing a drug test can call US Drug Test Centers today for immediate service. Drug and alcohol testing is available including urine drug testing, hair drug testing, alcohol/EtG testing. The EtG test has an 80 hour lookback period for determining the consumption of alcohol. Court ordered drug testing, personal drug testing and probation drug testing services are available with same day service. In most areas of Iowa, instant drug testing is available with same day service and same day results. Contact US Drug Test Centers today - call 1-866-566-0261.
See below for a full list of our Iowa locations
US Drug Test Centers
US Drug Test Centers is the complete, drug-free workplace solution for employers. We provide drug testing for all reasons such as pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, and return to duty.We have a state-of-the-art cloud-based software that allows you to order drug testing 24/7, store all drug test results and chain of custody forms (forever), and you can see the status of all completed drug testing.
We have random drug and alcohol testing consortiums and follow all DOT rules and regulations to direct your company in the right direction to stay in compliance. At USDTC, we can create drug-free workplace policy manuals specific to your company’s needs, and we provide online trainings.
Our online trainings are perfect for company Supervisors to learn what signs to look for if someone might be under the influence. We also have trainings that explain what Supervisors should know about the DOT rules and regulations in regards to the drug and alcohol testing program.
We are a part of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA), and we always stay up to date with all drug testing-related rules and regulations. If you have any questions about state-specific laws regarding drug and alcohol testing, please contact our office and one of our team members will be glad to help you. If your company would like more information regarding setting up a corporate account you can set up an account online or contact us at 866-566-0261.
224 Testing locations in Iowa
Employer Drug Testing Programs
In Iowa, most companies operate as a drug free workplace. Those companies not operating as a drug freeworkplace run the risk of hiring the leftover applicants, many of whom are substance abusers. Drug testing in Iowa for employment purposes must follow SAMHSA/DOT regulations. This includes the use of a Medical Review Officer (MRO) to review and verify drug test results. Employees must be made aware of EAP services if provided; at minimum, an employer must provide information about local services available. A good drug free workplace program includes:
- Written policy
- Employee Education
- Supervisor Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Drug and alcohol testing
The purpose of drug testing in Iowa is —is to enhance worker safety by creating workplaces that are free of drugs and substance abuse or misuse. One tool available to private sector employers is drug testing (inclusive of alcohol testing), that often is coupled with educational efforts as part of a comprehensive drug-free workplace program.
Employer responsibilities when drug testing in Iowa includes:
- Prior to testing, the employer must establish a detailed written drug testing policy that is provided to every person subject to testing and made available for review by employees and prospective employees. Special provisions apply to dealing with minors.
- Prior to testing, the employer must establish an employee awareness program to include an Employee Assistance Program or a resource file where workers can access help for substance abuse problems.
- The employer must provide supervisors with a minimum of two (2) hours of training initially, and one (1) hour of training each year subsequently. The initial two hour training must include, but is not limited to, (1) information concerning the recognition of evidence of alcohol and other drug abuse, (2) the documentation and corroboration of employee alcohol and other drug abuse, and (3) the referral of employees who abuse alcohol or other drugs to the employer assistance program or the resources file.
- In the event of a positive alcohol test in which the alcohol concentration exceeds the level established by the employer—and under certain other conditions—the employer may be required to pay up to $2,000 in rehabilitation costs for the employee in question, depending on employee benefit plan coverage. This requirement applies only to employers with at least 50 employees and only if the employer has employed the employee for at least 12 of the preceding 18 months; the employee is a first-time violator of the employer’s substance abuse policy; and the employee agrees to receive rehabilitation if required by the employer’s policy.
- A laboratory doing business for an employer that conducts drug or alcohol tests must file an annual report with the Iowa Department of Public Health by March 1 of each year concerning the number of positive drug and alcohol test results during the previous calendar year.
It is important when drug testing in Iowa to have a comprehensive drug free workplace written policy.
Can an employer test a problem employee if they suspect the employee is using drugs or alcohol at work?
Drug or alcohol tests of individual employees may be conducted only if the employer has a written drug testing policy, if that policy allows for reasonable suspicion testing AND the reasonable suspicion threshold is met, as defined in Iowa law. Employees cannot be singled out for testing, simply because they are difficult to manage.
Drug testing is available in Iowa in all areas including Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo, Iowa City, Council Bluffs, Ames, Dubuque and West Des Moines.
Call US Drug Test Centers at 866-566-0261 today for immediate service for drug testing and alcohol testing in Iowa!
Testing options may vary on a site by site basis. Additional fees may apply depending on your location.
Drug Testing Locations by State
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia