Corona, California Drug Testing
Our testing locations do not accept payment and require a drug test order form at the time of testing. Please click the "Order a Test" button to order your test. Once your order has been processed, your drug test order form will be emailed to you.
About Corona, California
Corona is a city in Riverside County, California. It has a population of over 160,000 people. Corona is surrounded by the cities of Norco, Yorba Linda, Eastvale, and Chino Hills. The rest of the city is bordered by the Santa Ana Mountains and the Cleveland National Forest. The rest of the area surrounding Corona is unincorporated land of Riverside County.
Monster Beverage and Saleen are headquartered in Corona. Lucas Oil Products, whose company holds the naming rights to Lucas Oil Stadium, is also headquartered here. The top employers in Corona are the Corona-Norco Unified School District, the Corona Regional Medical Center, and Actavis Generics.
Corona has many different neighborhoods which range in diversity and income. Downtown you will find many office and apartment buildings, as well the the Corona Community Center and the North Main Corona Metrolink station. Central Corona is home to many of the restored historic residences. In Dos Lagos you will find a shopping center and a golf course. Other neighborhoods include South Corona, Coronita, Temescal Valley, Home Gardens, El Cerrito, and Eagle Glen.
Facts about Corona
- Prior to the 1980s, the city was a largely agricultural community, dominated by citrus orchards, ranches, and dairy farms.
- Corona is also known as the “Circle City”, “Crown Colony”, “Queen Colony”, and “Indianapolis of the West”.
- The city derived its name from the curious layout of its streets, with a standard grid enclosed by the circular Grand Boulevard, one mile in diameter.
- The town of Corona once laid claim to the title “Lemon Capital of the World”.
SAMHSA Report for California
Reports published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimate that there are 2,643,000 people over the age of 12 who are dependent or abuse illicit drugs or alcohol in California. Though Corona is nowhere near epidemic levels, drug testing and drug free workplace programs help to directly address substance abuse issues in a community.
Urine Drug and Alcohol Testing in Corona
Urine drug testing is the most common type of drug testing in the United States. Many employers conduct workplace drug testing but it is still an often misunderstood process. Urine drug testing is conducted as an instant, point of collection, test or as a lab based test. It is easy to collect and transport, inexpensive to test, accurate, and provides a detection window deemed adequate by most employers. Urine drug testing has been around for over 25 years and has held up in court systems as reliable and legally defensible. The most common drug testing panels are:
- Five Panel: Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including Ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine)
- Ten Panel: All above plus Benzodiazepines (such as Xanax), Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Methaqualone (Quaaludes)
- Ten Panel with Expanded Opiates: All above plus hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone and oxymorphone.
- DOT Five Panel: Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including Ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine).
Hair Follicle Drug and Alcohol Testing in Corona
Employers throughout the United States are now implementing hair testing programs due to the benefits this alternative specimen offers. Hair follicle drug testing is becoming increasingly popular. Hair testing can detect the drugs/metabolites taken up to 90 days, can evaluate long-term patterns of repetitive drug use, and is flexible in drug panels and can also test for EtG alcohol in hair. Same day service is available for hair testing with a 3-4 business day turnaround for final hair drug testing results.
Alcohol Specific Testing in Corona
US Drug Test Centers in Corona can also run alcohol specific tests. These include a variety of urine tests, hair tests, and breath alcohol testing. The EtG hair test measures the average ingestion of Ethyl Alcohol over a three month period. While this does not detect current impairment it can indicate a behavioral issue.
Corona’s Most Accurate Drug or Alcohol Testing
How do I know if the test is accurate? All of US Drug Test Centers' specimens go to a SAMHSA certified laboratory for testing. SAMHSA has an active advisory board that keeps its employees and administrators abreast of current and changing laws when it comes to drug testing. There are Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing Programs that must carry consistencies throughout every agency and company that SAMHSA laboratories supplies. The advisory board has professionals that are uniquely qualified in their respective fields to review scientific evidence in the area of drug and alcohol treatment and testing practices.
Have more questions, visit our FAQs page for answers!