Mckinney, Texas Drug Testing
Our testing locations do not accept payment and require a drug test order form at the time of testing. Please click the "Order a Test" button to order your test. Once your order has been processed, your drug test order form will be emailed to you.
About McKinney, Texas
McKinney is the county seat of Collin County, Texas. The city has a population of over 160,000. McKinney is a part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. This metro area in east Texas Dallas, Tarrant, and Denton counties, as well as 10 others. Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, Garland, and Irving are the largest cities in the metroplex.
The largest employers in McKinney, Texas are Raytheon, the McKinney Independent School District, and Collin County.
There are many landmarks and historical sites in McKinney. Historic Downtown McKinney, for example, is the one of the oldest, authentic downtowns in the state of Texas. The city is also home to the McKinney Performing Arts Center, the McKinney Repertory Theater, and Myers Park & Event Center. The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary hosts over 100,000 visitors every year.
Facts about McKinney
- The first environmental experiment Walmart was built in McKinney. This sustainable Walmart features solar and wind energy production, biofuel production from used cooking oil, LED lighting in grocery cases, xeriscaping, and much more.
- Between their crime spree covering eight states—Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kansas, Iowa, and Illinois—Bonnie and Clyde would retreat to McKinney to hide out.
- In the early 20th century, downtown McKinney had tunnels, which led to the courthouse. Wine and liquor were stashed down below during and after Prohibition.
SAMHSA Report for Texas
Reports published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimate that there are 1,651,000 people over the age of 12 who are dependent or abuse illicit drugs or alcohol in Texas. Though McKinney is nowhere near epidemic levels, drug testing and drug free workplace programs help to directly address substance abuse issues in a community.
Urine Drug and Alcohol Testing in McKinney
Urine drug testing is the most common type of drug testing in the United States. Many employers conduct workplace drug testing but it is still an often misunderstood process. Urine drug testing is conducted as an instant, point of collection, test or as a lab based test. It is easy to collect and transport, inexpensive to test, accurate, and provides a detection window deemed adequate by most employers. Urine drug testing has been around for over 25 years and has held up in court systems as reliable and legally defensible. The most common drug testing panels are:
- Five Panel: Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including Ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine)
- Ten Panel: All above plus Benzodiazepines (such as Xanax), Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Methaqualone (Quaaludes)
- Ten Panel with Expanded Opiates: All above plus hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone and oxymorphone.
- DOT Five Panel: Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including Ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine).
Hair Follicle Drug and Alcohol Testing in McKinney
Employers throughout the United States are now implementing hair testing programs due to the benefits this alternative specimen offers. Hair follicle drug testing is becoming increasingly popular. Hair testing can detect the drugs/metabolites taken up to 90 days, can evaluate long-term patterns of repetitive drug use, and is flexible in drug panels and can also test for EtG alcohol in hair. Same day service is available for hair testing with a 3-4 business day turnaround for final hair drug testing results.
Alcohol Specific Testing in McKinney
US Drug Test Centers in McKinney can also run alcohol specific tests. These include a variety of urine tests, hair tests, and breath alcohol testing. The EtG hair test measures the average ingestion of Ethyl Alcohol over a three month period. While this does not detect current impairment it can indicate a behavioral issue.
McKinney’s Most Accurate Drug or Alcohol Testing
How do I know if the test is accurate? All of US Drug Test Centers' specimens go to a SAMHSA certified laboratory for testing. SAMHSA has an active advisory board that keeps its employees and administrators abreast of current and changing laws when it comes to drug testing. There are Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing Programs that must carry consistencies throughout every agency and company that SAMHSA laboratories supplies. The advisory board has professionals that are uniquely qualified in their respective fields to review scientific evidence in the area of drug and alcohol treatment and testing practices.
Have more questions, visit our FAQs page for answers!