Fort Collins, Colorado Drug Testing
Our testing locations do not accept payment and require a drug test order form at the time of testing. Please click the "Order a Test" button to order your test. Once your order has been processed, your drug test order form will be emailed to you.
About Fort Collins, Colorado
Fort Collins is the county seat of Larimer County, Colorado. It has a population of over 160,000 and is the largest city in the county. Larimer County defines the Fort Collins-Loveland Metro Area. The three largest cities and towns after Fort Collins are the City of Loveland, the Town of Wellington, and the Town of Estes Park.
The economy in Fort Collins is primarily based on manufacturing and service industries. However, because of the research facilities at Colorado State University, several tech companies have established campuses in the city. The largest employers in Fort Collins are Colorado State University, Hewlett Packard, and Poudre Valley Health System.
The culture in Fort Collins largely revolves around the student population at Colorado State University. There are many year-round student residents and for this reason the city hold many festivals and activities throughout the year. Fort Collins is also home to a thriving microbrewery scene. The New Belgium Brewing Company was founded in Fort Collins. The city is also home to the Colorado Marathon which takes place every year.
Facts about Fort Collins
- The principal venue for the performing arts in Fort Collins is the Lincoln Center.
- The Fort Collins Lincoln Center is home to the Fort Collins Symphony Orchestra and regularly attracts national touring companies of Broadway plays.
- Fort Collins was founded as a military outpost of the United States Army in 1864.
- The Colorado Brewer's Festival is held in late June annually in Fort Collins.
SAMHSA Report for Colorado
Reports published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimate that there are 415,000 people over the age of 12 who are dependent or abuse illicit drugs or alcohol in Colorado. Though Fort Collins is nowhere near epidemic levels, drug testing and drug free workplace programs help to directly address substance abuse issues in a community.
Urine Drug and Alcohol Testing in Fort Collins
Urine drug testing is the most common type of drug testing in the United States. Many employers conduct workplace drug testing but it is still an often misunderstood process. Urine drug testing is conducted as an instant, point of collection, test or as a lab based test. It is easy to collect and transport, inexpensive to test, accurate, and provides a detection window deemed adequate by most employers. Urine drug testing has been around for over 25 years and has held up in court systems as reliable and legally defensible. The most common drug testing panels are:
- Five Panel: Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including Ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine)
- Ten Panel: All above plus Benzodiazepines (such as Xanax), Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Methaqualone (Quaaludes)
- Ten Panel with Expanded Opiates: All above plus hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone and oxymorphone.
- DOT Five Panel: Cocaine, Marijuana (THC, cannabinoids), Phencyclidine (PCP – angel dust), Amphetamines (including Ecstasy and methamphetamines, also known as crystal meth), Opiates (including heroin, codeine and morphine).
Hair Follicle Drug and Alcohol Testing in Fort Collins
Employers throughout the United States are now implementing hair testing programs due to the benefits this alternative specimen offers. Hair follicle drug testing is becoming increasingly popular. Hair testing can detect the drugs/metabolites taken up to 90 days, can evaluate long-term patterns of repetitive drug use, and is flexible in drug panels and can also test for EtG alcohol in hair. Same day service is available for hair testing with a 3-4 business day turnaround for final hair drug testing results.
Alcohol Specific Testing in Fort Collins
US Drug Test Centers in Fort Collins can also run alcohol specific tests. These include a variety of urine tests, hair tests, and breath alcohol testing. The EtG hair test measures the average ingestion of Ethyl Alcohol over a three month period. While this does not detect current impairment it can indicate a behavioral issue.
Fort Collins’ Most Accurate Drug or Alcohol Testing
How do I know if the test is accurate? All of US Drug Test Centers' specimens go to a SAMHSA certified laboratory for testing. SAMHSA has an active advisory board that keeps its employees and administrators abreast of current and changing laws when it comes to drug testing. There are Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing Programs that must carry consistencies throughout every agency and company that SAMHSA laboratories supplies. The advisory board has professionals that are uniquely qualified in their respective fields to review scientific evidence in the area of drug and alcohol treatment and testing practices.
Have more questions, visit our FAQs page for answers!